Conversation at Work
Course link: Interpersonal Skills with Cultural Knowledge & Intrapersonal Awareness (linkedin.com)
1. Tough conversations can be intense. What is a main reason that people avoid them?
fear of success
fear of tension
fear of conflict
fear of failing
2. What is the best scenario for having more accountability that transitions people to become upstanders?
a greater network of members
a dedicated network of mutual members
a smaller network of members
3. A culture can be free of microaggressions if the company is intentional _____.
with each circumstance
among the management team
from the beginning
4. Hans is hired to address inclusion issues at Rocker, Inc. What is the first action he should take?
Define his own biases as well as the company’s.
Determine what justice means to the employees.
Review the institutional base and ask critical questions.
5. The Reid Company employees have helped to implement a strategy of policies and governing principles. What will this institutional base do for the company?
Build accountability, communication, and ownership.
Build trust, accountability, and dependability.
Build trust, flexibility, and wellness.
6. What needs to happen before training on workplace bullying or other harassment occurs?
Look at the processes.
Name it and accept it.
Survey the employees.
Review the mission statement.
7. You and a colleague are conversing about what makes up an inclusive culture. What statement best describes an inclusive environment?
Inclusive environments serve everyone.
Inclusive environments are anchored from the outside in.
Inclusive environments are a nonnegotiable balance.
8. What habit is recommended if you want to build safe work environments?
Ask others what their work schedule is.
Always be sympathetic with others.
Always be direct with others.
Ask others how they like to receive and give feedback.
9. What needs to be in place for HR and management to support the cultivation of a safe space?
The mission states the values of the company.
The code of conduct is equitably written and imposed.
HR and management should be empowered to make final decisions.
10. You and your team have created a safe space. What happens next?
Include a success-safe plan.
Once it is created, that is enough.
It should be updated frequently.
11. Olivia is responsible for helping to create a safe space at her workplace. What is the first step she should take?
Identify the values.
Identify the policies and procedures.
Identify the stakeholders.
12. Your manager has been building a cooperative culture that includes safe spaces. What is the best definition of “safe space?”
a blue room or specific location
a workplace that is highly collaborative and free of risk
a designated room with features for privacy
an environment free of bias, criticism, or potential aggressive actions