Creating a Culture of Change
Course link: Interpersonal Skills with Cultural Knowledge & Intrapersonal Awareness (linkedin.com)
1. Once you’ve built your professional online social network, you need to maintain it by managing it effectively. How can you best manage your professional online social network?
Connect with as many people as you can find on the social network so that you can build a huge and powerful network.
Click ‘Like’ for everything that your connections post on their profiles.
Contribute to it regularly by writing or sharing articles of professional interest, commenting on others’ articles, and to acknowledging professional milestones like work anniversaries, promotions or new jobs.
Intelligently critique the posts of people you don’t like.
2. What are the two main reasons that many adults lose their innate sense of curiosity?
1. they become very comfortable in the world they know 2. venturing outside of that world seems to hold more risks than rewards
1. things are not as much fun as they used to be 2. they become bored more easily
1. they know more than they did when they were children 2. they don’t need to know more
1. they become very comfortable in the world they know 2. they start to lose their memory
3. What can you do to ensure that you truly understand and can practice what you learned in this course?
Teach what you learned to other people.
Watch it at least five more times.
Recommend it to your colleagues.
Take the next course in the series.
4. What does a company need to have in place in order to sustain a culture change over time?
A company needs to have large cash reserves and low debt to sustain the culture change over time.
A company needs to keep its top executives in place to sustain the culture change over time.
A company needs to have great products and superior customer service to sustain the culture change over time.
A company needs to have a long-term strategy and vision to sustain the culture change over time.
5. We live in a time of accelerated change. Which of the following factors are the likely cause of this?
population growth, political instability, and technological advances
population growth, increased global and social mobility, and technological advances
population growth, increased global and social mobility, and economic volatility
climate change, increased global and social mobility, and technological advances
6. The 70:20:10 model of learning and development proposes that 70% of a person’s development comes from _____.
working on challenging assignments or projects
working with a coach
attending professional conferences
7. When we seek out information that supports our beliefs, which is known as “_____ bias”.
8. A recent long-term study conducted by health psychologists concluded that _____.
stress is only harmful to your health if you believe it is
major change is too stressful for most people
stress will kill you
change-related stress is more harmful than you think it is