Managing a Diverse Team
Course link: Interpersonal Skills with Cultural Knowledge & Intrapersonal Awareness (linkedin.com)
1. Writing a summary of the experiences and best practices for managing a diverse team will allow managers to _____Managing a Diverse Team.
keep the information in a safe file for future reference
explore ways to promote their own accomplishments
share with colleagues, future managers, or the HR department
2. More than anything else, _____ is the factor that distinguishes effective teams from ineffective teams.
3. Providing a creative space for team members will encourage them to feel like _____.
they can be promoted
they are contributing positively to the team
they are smart and valuable
their ideas will be implemented
4. What are the four cornerstones of diversity?
Acceptance, Behavior, Communication, and Understanding
Knowledge, Understanding, Acceptance, and Behavior
Understanding, Realism, History, and Acceptance
Communication, Acceptance, Practice, and Behavior
5. The _____ generation depends greatly on technology and now outnumber Boomers in the population.
6. What is the main purpose of an open-door policy?
to allow time for non-work activities to help team members feel comfortable to share with each other
to make it easier for employees to schedule appointments
to learn something about your co-workers
to encourage discussions about feedback and suggestions
7. _____ training should be a regular team activity to ensure trust is not only sustained but continues to grow.
Skills and certification
Behavior and diversity
Diversity and inclusion
Motivation and awareness
8. A team agreement establishes _____ for working together towards common goals.
unity and conduct
guidelines and conduct
credibility and trust
procedures and focus
9. In what order do the four stages of team development occur?
Forming, Storming, Performing, and Adjourning
Forming, Storming, Norming, and Performing
Joining, Forming, Performing, and Storming
Forming, Joining, Performing, and Adjourning
10. Managers who practice self-monitoring use cues from others as guidelines for _____ their verbal and nonverbal communications.
regulating and controlling
expressing and reinforcing
eliminating and correcting
stopping and changing
11. Subtle, unintentional discriminatory behavior against a member of a minority or marginalized group is defined as _____.
12. Managers should convey to the rest of the team how embracing _____ is critical to the team’s success.
diversity and inclusion
socializing and networking
holidays and parties
behavior and choices