SDG | WEEK 2
link : Beyond the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs): Addressing Sustainability and Development
1. Without urgent action, climate change could push an additional 100 million people into poverty by 2030.
2. Which among the following is NOT an indicator of our warming world?
a.Rising sea levels.
b. Weaker storms
c. Higher temperatures and more heat waves.
d. Changes in animal migrations and life cycles.
e. More droughts and wildfires.
3. Adaptation and mitigation are two forms of addressing climate change. Adaptation is defined as action that reduces the emissions that cause climate change and mitigation is defined as action that manages the risks of climate change.
4. Without adaptation and mitigation strategies for addressing the effects of climate change, we can expect the exacerbation of a number of extreme events including which among the following?
c. Sea level rise.
d. Flooding AND Sea level rise.
e. Flooding AND drought AND sea level rise.
5. Inaction is a reasonable response to the scientific reports provided by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC).
6. Climate vulnerability includes which of the following characteristics?
c. Adaptive capacity
d. Exposure AND sensitivity
e. Exposure AND sensitivity AND adaptive capacity.
7. Developing countries are already being disproportionately affected by climate change.
8. Effectively increasing the adaptive capacity (AC) of poor households in lower income countries requires an increase in wealth, education and access to health care in addition to access to specific resources to respond to drought (e.g. irrigation, crop insurance), flooding (e.g. shelter, access to clean water, alert systems) and sea level rise (e.g. shelter, access to clean water, social protection).
9. Climate Resilient Pathways are decision making procedures that:
a. achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
b. lower greenhouse gas emissions.
c. limit global warming.
d. enable adaptation.
e. lower greenhouse gas emissions AND limit global warming AND enable adaptation.
f. achieves the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) AND lower greenhouse gas emissions AND limit global warming AND enable adaptation.
10. “Tackling climate change and fostering sustainable development are two mutually reinforcing sides of the same coin; sustainable development cannot be achieved without climate action. Conversely, many of the SDGs are addressing the core drivers of climate change.”