SDG | WEEK 4
link : Beyond the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs): Addressing Sustainability and Development
1. The Forest Transition Theory Posits:
a.That forest loss decreases initially, then increases with time.
b. That forest loss increases initially, then decreases with time.
c. That forest loss is proportional to time.
d. That forest loss remains uniform over time.
e. That forest loss is dependent upon soil fertility.
2. Which one of the following statements is true?
a. Forest cover loss has been most severe in Central America.
b. Forest cover has increased globally.
c. Europe has seen an increase in deforestation.
d. East Asia has seen a rapid increase in deforestation.
3. Conservation Basic Income (CBI) can be characterized as which of the following?
a. A market based initiative.
b. A non-market based initiative.
c. None of the Above.
4. Direct declines in forest cover include:
b. Clearing land for agriculture.
c. Acid rain
d. Logging AND clearing land for agriculture.
e. Clearing land for agriculture AND acid rain.
5. Anthropogenic activities contribute the most to biodiversity loss.
6. Narratives which suggest that “rising population growth leading to increased resource scarcities” are examples of:
a. Progressive ideologies.
b. Neo-Malthusian ideologies.
c. Fiscal conservatism.
d. The Truman Doctrine.
e. The Eisenhower Doctrine.
7. Forest recovery following deforestation tends to follow even trajectories among different countries.
8. Which one of the following animals is one of the most trafficked?
b. Beisa Oryx
9. REDD+ is an example of Payments for Ecosystems Services, also known as a market-based mechanism, to ameliorate and reverse environmental change.
10. Which of the following is the best example of multi-functionality?
a. Shade grown coffee
b. Oil palm plantation
c. Pineapple plantations
d. Rice plantations